BlueChip Energy starts development of 10 MW solar farm in Florida
BlueChip Energy, a provider of solar energy solutions for residential, commercial, government and utility applications, has started its stage one of the Rinehart solar farm, a 10MW utility-scale solar facility in Central Florida.
The Rinehart solar farm project, located in Lake Mary, Fla, will have a total capacity of 10MW and an annual generation of approximately 1.5millionkw hours. This is equivalent to the annual energy use of roughly 1,100 area homes. It will cover a portion of the 380,000sqft rooftop space and surrounding acreage of BlueChip Energy’s Lake Mary facility.
The solar farm is being built in stages. The first stage is expected to be completed by July, 2010. Stage two is a roof top plant consisting of 500 kW. Subsequent stages will consist of a third, 1.4 MW rooftop system and 8 MW of ground-based systems. (Source: Datamonitor)
Rinehart Solar Farm Lake Mary, FL – Stage one roof top plant 120kW
Project features roof top and ground mount solar arrays for a utility scale solar plant covering a portion of 380,000 square foot roof top space and surrounding acreage. (source bluechipenergy.org)
* Completion: June 2010
* System Size: 120kW
* Number of solar panels: 520
* Solar Technology: 230 Watt monocrystalline panels, Fronius 60kW Inverters
* Green Fact: Prevents 138 metric tons of CO2 emission per year
Latest posts by Mike Novello (see all)
- Used Bio-Rad Gel Doc XR For Sale - March 9, 2022
- CONSULTIX WTX-35-A4 CW Test Kit For Sale - November 9, 2021
- Biologic SP-150 Single Channel Potentiostat and VMP3B-80 Booster For Sale - September 7, 2021