Bluelight Technology Introduces Handheld, Lightweight All-In-One Network Test Solution
BlueScope BL6000A is The First Handheld With Ethernet, SONET/SDH, OTN, and Fibre-Channel Testing in a Single Device
San Jose, Calif. — Bluelight Technology, the leading developer and manufacturer of innovative, handheld network test and measurement devices for the telecommunications industry, today announced the availability of the BlueScope BL6000A all-in-one, multiprotocol network test and measurement solution. The BL6000A is the industry’s most versatile, lightweight, handheld device that combines Ethernet (1GE and 10GE), SONET/SDH (up to 10G), Optical Transport Network (OTN) (up to ODU-2F), and Fibre Channel (up to 10x) testing in a single ultra- lightweight, handheld platform.
The easy-to-use and compact BL6000A features a productivity-enhancing user interface architecture that includes both an intuitive, touch-screen-enabled graphical user interface (GUI) in addition to an integrated keypad for data entry. The comprehensive array of network types that can be analyzed with the BL6000A eliminates the need for multiple devices, reducing overall costs, saving valuable space, and providing convenience and valuable time savings and flexibility for technicians in the field. Based on open architectures for both software and hardware that enable future expansion, the newest BlueScope is updateable as industry test and measurement needs change.
“We’re very excited to offer the test and measurement industry a multiprotocol test instrument that’s as technologically advanced and simple-to-use as the BlueScope BL6000A,” said James Jeong, Bluelight Technology’s CEO and co-founder. “The fact that a field technician now only needs to carry one testing device to ensure network performance saves our clients money and makes their technicians significantly more efficient and productive. This is a must-own for any network operator.”
Using the same form factor that has proven popular in previous BlueScope models, the BL6000A includes a host of standard connections to support many different media interfaces such as 10GbE (XFP), optic1000 BASE-SX/LX/ZX, and 100 FX and copper 10/100/1000 BASE-T. Results and analysis are easily accessible via an integrated file management system that enables the saving of data such as test results, log files, screen captures, and packet captures directly to a portable memory device using the USB port. The USB port also provides an ideal mechanism for future software changes and/or upgrades, which can also be performed via an FTP connection.
The powerful BL6000A carries out an impressive array of network performance tests, over any type of network. The truly unique benefit is the addition of testing for SONET/SDH networks, which can be analyzed for frequency offset generation, frequency power measurements, round-trip delay measurements, and more. Users can also select unframed rates to perform physical layer testing for OTN (OTU-2 to OTU-2F), Fibre Channel (1x to 10x), Ethernet (1GE to 10GE), and SONET/SDH (STM-1 to STM-64/OC3 to OC-192). SONET/SDH testing is additionally enhanced by a multichannel view capability, which allows users to view activities on as many as 48 channels simultaneously.
Up to 10 Gigabit Ethernet networks can be tested for throughput on up to 32 independent streams, packet flooding, packet capture and analysis, network discovery, and autonegotiation capture. IP application tests such as Ping, DNS, and DHCP can be run and cables can be checked for faults or irregular impedance. Combine all this with analysis of Fibre Channel networks and the BL6000A can analyze nearly any network architecture or element a telecom, cable, or private network technician may encounter.
“Our goal has always been to be a trendsetter for the test and measurement space,” continued Jeong. “This new product represents years of innovation based on listening to what our customers and partners needed and mapping our development plans to those needs.” (source www.bluelighttec.com)
- Anytime, anywhere Ethernet/SONET/SDH/OTN/Fiber Channel testing
- Compact, ultra lightweight form factor
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) – Reduces training time
- Eliminates the need for multiple test instruments – Reduces cost of ownership
- Open architecture H/W and S/W platforms – Capabilities to Support the Expansion of Your T&M Needs on a Higher Scale
- SONET/SDH – Tx Overhead Byte Sequence Generation Up to 256 bytes – Rx Overhead Byte Capture Up to 256 events K1/K2 bytes are captured together – Multi-Channel Monitoring Concurrent real time monitoring function up to 48 x AU3 and 28 x TU11/12
- 1G/10G Ethernet -32 Multi-stream Traffic Generation & Analysis Layer 1/2/3/4 packets & fully customized packets – Powerful built-in Packet Capture/Decode Dual ports or Single port -Packet Jitter Test in RFC2544 -Real Time Traffic Monitoring -Packet Flooding -Wireless LAN (WiFi) -VoIP / IPTV -100FX optical
- Hybrid user interface (UI) with graphical color touch-screen and also keypad at the same time, user-friendly
- Supports multi-physical ports such as 1 10GbE (XFP), fiber 1000 BASE-SX/LX/ZX, 100FX, and copper 10/100/1000 BASE-T on one platform
- Be able to upgrade a new software version via USB or FTP.
- File Manager: Be able to copy testing results, log files, screen capture and packet capture files to USB memory card
- Simplifies the troubleshooting of VoIP and IPTV services at the residential gateway
- Optical power measurement
- Customizable test profiles for quick and efficient test set configuration
Latest posts by Mike Novello (see all)
- GTEM Cells for Sale. - October 27, 2017
- Barely used lot of EMI / EMC test gear for sale – open to offers - August 24, 2017
- We are looking to buy two JDSU HCU-1500 chassis. - August 22, 2017